Monday, August 17, 2009

In Review

The past week was pretty busy and I didn't get the chance to post mid-week. So here is our past week's events - all in one nice long post. Just thought I'd give you a warning.

Over the last year our kitchen chairs have become more and more wobbly. Last month one finally bit the dust (I guess I should mention that I was sitting on it at the time. Yeah, that's great for the self esteem. But can I at least blame it on the baby?). The next day another one became even more precarious to sit on. So for the last 5 weeks we have been using one mostly-decent kitchen chair and two folding chairs.
Saying goodbye to the chair
Helping dad to the dumpster
So on Tuesday we finally got our new chairs!!!
We ordered them through Direct Buy (hence the long waiting period). We were so excited to get new, sturdy chairs - and have ones that all matched again. The last thing we wanted was a chair to break while I'm 8 months pregnant or something.

And speaking of being pregnant - I had an appointment this last week. Everything's still looking great. He continues to get bigger and stronger. I feel him all the time now and I swear Emily was never this active. I don't know if my memory is faulty after three years or if this guy's got more energy than Emily. If it's the latter than heaven help me. The little guy can kick so hard sometimes that Jeff was able to feel him for the first time on Wednesday.
Jeff also had a doctor's appointment this past week. His foot/ankle has been bothering him more and more, so he decided it was time to see his surgeon again. The first doctor recommended having his ankle fused. After getting the same advice from a second opinion this past week, Jeff has scheduled his surgery for next Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to the next 8 weeks of Jeff being on crutches (non-weight bearing). Then it will be another several weeks easing off of the crutches, etc. We're just hoping everything goes well and he's back to normal by Thanksgiving. I've already given him a list of things he needs to do before he has surgery. And I'm sure I'll have another list ready when he's off of crutches. Especially since it'll be time to dig out all the baby stuff and set up the crib.
On a lighter note, this past weekend was filled with prepping and attending my cousin's wedding. I spent the day Friday working on flowers and Saturday we had the ceremony, dinner, and reception. Everything turned out well - even the weather - and it was fun (and tiring) to be such a big part of the event. It was pretty much like a sibling getting married. A big thanks to my in-laws for watching Emily all day for me. Another thanks to my mom for playing with my bossy daughter while I worked on flowers all day Friday and also for helping me get everything set up for the reception.
Tyler & Armyn - the happy couple
The cake...
that gave me a headache because the roses opened so fast & were HUGE!
Jackson & Emily dancing at the reception
Centerpieces (and a bit of the view)
Emily dancing some more

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Even though the roses opened fast, they were beautiful. You should be a wedding planner!

Whitneymwall said...

That cake is beautiful! Congrats on the boy- so happy for you!

Anna said...

Oh man, I hope Jeff's recovery goes smoothly. Foot surgery is so hard! Let us know how everything goes.