Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st Day of School!

Today was our first day of preschool. Emily was SO excited for it. She's been talking about it all summer. Last night she seemed to become a little scared and clingy. Jeff talked to her about it and told her it was ok to be scared and that it would be ok and she would have fun. Today she seemed totally fine. It was a laid back day - just playing in the different areas and letting the kids become familiar with everything. Parents came and stayed with them today, so we'll see how she does on Thursday without me there. I can't believe she's old enough to be starting school. Having four hours to myself every week is going to be a little weird - nice, but weird. Of course the alone time is only going to last for a few months till the baby comes. Although I'm sure I won't have any problem finding things to keep me busy in the mean time.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Heidi said...

So cute! She is growing up so fast! I am envious that you get some time to yourself until the baby comes, and then you'll get just mom and baby time!

Heather said...

Emily looks cute, as always. Glad she is still enjoying her frog chair. We can't wait to see you guys!

Jessie said...

Can Emily really be big enough for "Preschoo"? I'm sure she'll wow them all with her witty vocabulary! Love you Emily!