Friday, December 18, 2009

The First Week

Well, we've all survived our first week together. The delivery went well and we're all healthy and adjusting to our new family life. Jacob is a content baby and loves to snuggle - two things I hope stick around. I'm absolutely in love with his dimpled smile (and count myself lucky to have two kids with two dimples each).
Emily has loved being a sister and just adores her little brother. She loves to hold him and will usually get mad if we try and take him away from her. She is VERY good at always washing her hands and is so good to be careful when she's around him. There have been a few tough moments (most of them on Jeff's first day back to work) when she's completely lost it and has become irrational and emotional, but for the most part she is handling the divided attention well. She is extremely interested in the nursing. The first morning I was home she came into the room just as I was switching sides. As Jacob started eating she asked, "What's in that side? Water?"
As comes with any newborn baby, Jeff and I are a bit sleep deprived. However I'm a lot more comfortable now and the sleep I actually do get is better than when I was 9 months pregnant. Overall we're adjusting well. We're grateful for our healthy little boy and just love him so much.
Some of our visitors:
The Proud Big Sister:
The kids had gifts for each other the first time they met.
Emily gave Jacob some Paci's and Jacob gave Emily some "Big Sister" pj's.

5 comments:

Jeremy and Heidi said...

So glad the delivery went well and you're all healthy. He's so adorable! You'll love having both a boy and a girl! Congratulations!

Stan and Mel said...

He truly is such a handsome babe. I love the pic of Jacob and Emily in the green hat.

Jessie said...

What a sweet baby! We are so glad Jacob has come to our family. Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable! I'm very excited for you guys.

Lisa said...

congrats Jeff and Becca. So excited for your little man. He's adorable. Hope you are doing well. Call if you need anything we are just down the street. :) Love you!