Friday, July 8, 2011

Friends

Three and a half years ago I was serving in the Relief Society presidency with two of my very good friends when Jeff and I took our ventures back east. When we I returned both Marli & Sara had moved away. :( Fortunately Marli was only 30 minutes away. Unfortunately she was now 30 minutes away (before it was 3 min tops - if you got stuck at the light). With Sara on the other hand we went from a sharing a wall to her living 3,500 miles away in Alaska.
Since they both moved the three of us have only been together twice. Once two years ago and then again on July 7th. We've each added a kid or two since they moved away and the 'preexisting' ones have grown like weeds. Emily & Ella seemed to pick up right where they left off two years ago and Cora held her own with all the boys. It was a lot of fun to hear Fred & Sara's jokes, comments, and parenting again. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it. It was a fun night catching up and seeing old friends.

No comments: