All summer we planned on teaching Emily to ride her her bike without training wheels. Then suddenly it was September and school had started and we realized we still hadn't even attempted. So on 9.03.11 Jeff took of her training wheels and we headed over to the elementary school. Jacob LOVES Emily's bike and helmet. Whenever he sees it he puts her helmet on (backwards every time) and climbs on her bike and just sits there. He wasn't too happy when he realized that without training wheels he can't sit on it.
While Emily learned, Jacob played. I can't believe how big he's gotten. I think it's always a monumental moment when you realize that they can climb and play on a playground without your assistance.
Jeff was a great teacher and after several tries Emily figured it out. She was still a bit wobbly, could only turn right, and had several falls, but she was excited and happy about it and we're proud of her. As she's practiced over that last little bit she's gotten better and braver too.
While Emily learned, Jacob played. I can't believe how big he's gotten. I think it's always a monumental moment when you realize that they can climb and play on a playground without your assistance.Jacob running to 'save' her after one of her falls.



1 comment:
Good Job Emily - I love Jacob's voice - "Mama,Mama"
Now it will be time to get her a bigger bike and give Jacob back the training wheels.
This and starting school are huge milestones for our oldest grand daughter. YEA!!
Post a Comment