December is unbelievably crazy. Fun. But crazy. We started the month off with our annual hot chocolate party for our neighbors on December 1st. The kids were so excited for their friends to come over ... and for the pending sugar rush.
Then Jeff and I joined his family (those that live in Utah, anyway) to decorate our tree for Festival of Trees the next morning. Big thanks to Niki and my mom for babysitting, Em Fuller for coming last minute to lend her artistic eye, and the minions who let me boss them around (you know who you are). Our tree sold and I once again felt very privileged to be a part of something so amazing.
"Snow is Glistening"
Another big thank you to Dave & Arline for watching my kids ALL day on the 6th so I could set up and decorate for our Ward Grinch Party on the 7th. It's pretty amazing what you can do with pvc pipe, felt, a glue gun, a few boxes, and a roll of butcher paper. Oh, and a chair rack. Mount Krumpit would have ceased to exist without it. It was fun to be a part of such a great team.
After the adults ate, the kids joined us for a entertaining reenactment of the Grinch story. Again, such amazing and talented people in our ward.
Then on the 12th we celebrated Jacob's 4th birthday!! He was excited to get two nerf guns (although I think Jeff was more excited than he was) and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee transformers from his sisters.
Then those family members that could, joined us at the Pizza Factory for dinner, cake, and presents.
Unfortunately it ended up being league night at Fat Cats so we ended up doing a few rounds of mini golf instead. The kids were disappointed but ended up having fun whacking balls all over the place, running amok, and seeing each other's teeth glow.
December 14th I had my annual RS brunch. I was in charge of making all the waffle batter - a yummy recipe that uses Belgian pearl sugar. Apparently I have really good yeast or something because it kept growing and growing and spilling all over the place. But the mess was worth it. Those waffles were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
The 14th was also my Grandma's birthday so I joined my mom, sisters, grandma and aunt at Market Street for lunch. It was fun to get together and just talk. And the hysterical laughing that ensued at the end was much needed.
Due to the short nature of my sister Lisa's trip in town we crammed a lot of things into just a few days. One of them being a grandkid picture. After lunch at Market Street we all met at my house to attempt an updated picture to give to my parents for Christmas. And attempt is about all we can manage with 13 grand kids - 11 of which are 7 and under.
... and opened gifts from my mom.
My brother-in-law was able to get an interview at the U for his fellowship so he was able to join us for our adult party on the 17th. We enjoyed another yummy dinner (has anyone noticed how much you cook and eat the month of December???), white elephant gift exchange, and lots of laughing and talking.
A hilarious round of laughing ensued when Nick decided to model his white elephant gift.
We had the Newman Christmas party on the 22nd -
more food, more presents, and of course our traditional pinata.
Then Jenn and her kids (and my mom) came over on the 23rd to decorate sugar cookies and have dinner. I can't believe Christmas is so close!












No comments:
Post a Comment