Well, as Jeff has mentioned, we just got back from a very fun, and very lengthy, trip back East. Jeff's parents & sister were in the Hill Cumorah Pageant in New York so we flew out to meet them and tour around. Jeff's youngest brother, Stan, and his wife, Melanie, also joined us. We toured around Palmyra, NY, went up to Canada and saw Niagara Falls, dropped down to Kirtland, OH and toured some more church history sites and then went on to Virginia. There we stayed in Stan & Mel's new home and went to see Natural Bridge and also spent some much needed time relaxing. After a couple of days there we crossed the state and headed to Brad & Heather's in Norfolk. We spent a few days playing on the beach and getting to know the latest Holbrook addition - Ella Marie. We enjoyed all the time with family and everything we were able to see. It was all a great experience...however, we were more than ready to come home. After three weeks of being on the road with a one year old, I've decided traveling isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Emily did extremely well though. She was completely thrown off schedule and her naps were almost non-existent on some days. It got continually harder to coax her into eating cheerios and goldfish in the end and I know she was craving some fresh fruit or something that didn't come out of a box. Emily also decided to continue extending her "firsts" while we were gone. She not only visited three new states, left the country, and played in the ocean for the first time...she also decided to finally show us her pearly whites. Well, ok, one of them. Emily kept biting and gnawing her fingers and thumb. On our last day I noticed she finally cut her first tooth! So considering how far away from home and routine she was and the fact that she was teething, I would say we pretty much had a little angel on our trip!


2 comments:
Well I've made comments on your blog before so I just assumed that you knew. You know what assuming does though. ;)
Cute pictures! Glad you guys had fun out here. We definitely enjoyed seeing you!
Post a Comment