Last week was our last school-and-football-free weekend. We decided to celebrate by going to the zoo, attending the Farmer's Market, and visiting some parks. ~ Emily loved the zoo. The baby orangutan came and played right in front of the window where we were standing and Emily got so excited she kept pointing at the baby with her surprised “oh” face. We also took the time to see the bird show this time. Emily sat in awe as the birds flew back and forth right over our heads and she was very eager to clap when each bird was done. ~ Emily was in heaven at the Farmer’s Market because everyone decided to show up with their dogs. I think she “barked” the whole time we were there. ~ At the park on Saturday we decided Emily was big enough to try the slides alone. Our first attempt didn’t go so well when Emily freaked out and flipped over to her stomach and just held herself in the middle of the slide. Our efforts at coaxing her to lift up her arms and feet and just slide down, didn’t really work. Jeff finally had to climb up and pull her down. The next time Emily was a little hesitant, but actually made it down all by herself and after that she was a pro. She loved coming down all by herself and even felt brave enough to lift her shoes up – just a little bit – so she went faster. ~ All in all, it was a good week and one we are definitely missing right about now. Fall is in full swing now with Jeff pretty much just coming home to sleep between classes and games. He told me on his first day back that he had two goals for the semester: 1. To survive and 2. To see me and Emily. Not exactly the most exciting thing I’ve heard. I’m really not looking forward to spending the next 16 weeks as a single parent. But I guess I can survive if it means only one more year of school, right? At least, that's what I keep telling myself.



1 comment:
Emily just gets more and more cute! Sounds like you guys are having fun and that you and I are in the same boat as far as being a single parent since Brandon started school. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment