Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Yesterday was Emily's birthday. I can't believe she's already two. She is such a big girl. She's talking in full sentances now and is so independent. We get a good laugh out of her everyday with the cute things she says. She is such a happy little girl and we just love her. Since it was her day yesterday we spent the morning building castles with her blocks, reading stories, and playing princess. We dressed Emily in a pretty dress, put on her jewelry and her crown, and some of her new play makeup. When she was all ready we went to a "ball" and she danced and twirled in her dress. Then we had a princess lunch using her play dishes and sat at her table and chairs. She loved all the attention. We finished the day off at Grandma & Grandpa Newman's with all the cousins. They went swimming, had pizza, and jumped on the tramp. What more could a two year old want?





Last Saturday we had a little birthday party for Emily & her cousin Jackson (who's 5 days older). Emily had a blast swimming and going down Grandma's slide. She loved it when we sang Happy Birthday and couldn't wait to blow out the candle. Jackson wasn't quite quick enough and she blew out his too. They are such cute little kids. Happy Birthday Jackson & Emily!






3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I miss playing with you at my house everyday. I can't wait to play with you again at Christmas.
Love, Ella

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

So much fun! Happy Birthday! I think you guys are coming over to visit tonight, I hope! It'll be fun to see you!

Gpa Holbrook said...

Wow - 2 years old. Emily has been such a joy for those years. We love having her at our house. She is talking so cute. Everyday she just gets cuter. See you soon.