Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

We had a great Christmas morning. Emily has been so excited for Christmas and for Santa. As soon as she saw her new kitchen she began cooking right away and wasn't too interested in anything else for a while. We finally pulled her away for a quick breakfast before coming back to open presents.
Emily's first present was a dress-up trunk. The rest of the day was spent in one of her new dresses. She also got a book with all the scrapbook pages of her first year and a Sleeping Beauty polly pocket. I received my gift a couple weeks early on my anniversary. Jeff gave me a diamond band to go with my wedding ring. Jeff's biggest gift was a keyless entry to our car. Our other one broke and we have both been missing it a lot. I don't know who's more excited for it - him or me.
Emily spent the morning and afternoon dressing up & cooking. I quickly realized that Jeff has passed on his dish cleaning skills to Emily - just set them in the sink & they'll magically get cleaned & put away. Jeff's afternoon was spent napping and mine was spent baking.

Emily has a VERY active imagination. Christmas morning Jeff's parents and sister came over to see what Santa had brought her. She spent a chunk of her time running from one end of the house to the other yelling after her "dog." I was able to snap an action shot of her running by and then I filmed one of her rounds. Enjoy my hilarious, and random, daughter.

2 comments:

Newman's said...

Lucy has those same pink money pajamas! (from Costco right?)
How fun! We should take a picture of both of them together when they are wearing them!

Jessie said...

I love Emily's imagination! She is so much fun.