Friday, January 30, 2009
King For The Day
Thursday we made Jeff "King for the Day." It was a day to celebrate just him - we had a welcome home sign, a crown, and a red carpet. Emily colored him a picture and wrote him a sweet note thanking him for being such a great daddy. Then she took him upstairs where he got to eat a "Happy Birthday Cake" and drink some hot cocoa that she prepared all by herself. I also gave him a letter thanking him for being such a wonderful husband and father and then led him on a treasure hunt through the house.


The prize at the end of the treasure hunt was for a night out at one of his favorite restaurants and a round of mini-golf. We went to Cracker Barrel - where Emily got some real hot chocolate. After dinner she got to play on a rocking horse that was in the store.

The rocking chairs out front have always reminded me of the South. When I see them now I think of Brad & Heather's front porch. I do miss sitting out there on their swing.

After Cracker Barrel we headed over to Hollywood Connection (unfortunately we couldn't go to his favorite location - Dotties). Emily, as usual, was a hoot to watch. And if you haven't noticed already, I let her pick out her own clothes that day. I made sure they at least matched - no orange pants and a blue shirt or anything (not that that was even an option). Just looking at her brought a smile to my face the whole day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think her outfit is darling. She looks just like the high school girls! Nice picture, Jeff!
Happy Birthday Dude! Man you are lucky to have such a cool wife. ;) Sounds like a really fun day.
Post a Comment