Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fresh Air!

Friday the weather was so nice Stacy and I took the kids to the zoo. Of course Emily and Jackson have fun wherever they are - especially if they're together - but getting outside was so nice and refreshing for all of us. My mom came with us and my brother, Chris, came over after his classes at the U. It sure was nice having Chris and my mom's help chasing the kids.
Emily's favorite animal this time around (the one she kept asking to see) was the zebra. She tends to favor a different one each time, but it's never been the zebra before. And for some reason Emily loves animals as long as there is some good distance between them. There was a big orangutan right up next to the window and Emily was so scared she wouldn't go near it. However once we got to the cats she was completely content to sit in her stroller next to the window where the leopard was pacing. Who knows what the difference was.
And of course we couldn't leave without a ride on the carousel first.


4 comments:

Emily Carruth Fuller said...

I love reading all the things Emily says. She is such a hoot!

Jessie said...

I love spending time with my children and grandchildren. What a treat!

Heather said...

By the looks of it it couldn't have been that nice of a day, could it? I mean, I see snow on the ground and Emily in a really big winter coat. Has it just been really cold out there, or was it warmer than it looks?

Becca said...

It was a nice day because we could actually see the sun. The air is rarely good this time of year so we enjoyed being able to get out and breath deeply.