We celebrated Valentine's a little bit everyday leading up to the 14th. We decorated our window with hearts and made sugar cookies and decorated them. On Saturday we started the day off with heart shaped pancakes and then went out delivering Emily's valentines. When we got to my mom's and Emily was handing her her valentine Emily said, "Happy.... Happy Bir.... Merry Christmas!" She's such a hoot.
Out delivering valentines
Saturday night we had a candlelight dinner with Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza and pink lemonade. Even though it was a casual food selection, I still pulled out my china. Yes, I know, gutsy move with a 2 year old. But she was really good and absolutely loved it. After dinner we read the notes we'd written to each other during the week. Emily was so excited about her pictures she colored and thoroughly enjoyed hearing the things we love about her.
For those of you we couldn't visit on Saturday...
1 comment:
You are such a great mom! You always do fun things with your family. I LOVE the valentine and cookies. Thanks!
Post a Comment