Sunday, June 14, 2009

1 Busy Week = 1 LONG Post

Between our two families, Jeff and I have 8 birthdays the month of June. Plus 2 more the last week of May. It's a crazy (and expensive) time of year. I decided to start off this post with a picture of us celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday on May 29th - mostly because I just love Sara's excitement. Saturday the 6th we had a primary activity to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was beautiful. I couldn't believe all the rock in that building. The entire recommend desk was made of it and it was of course all over the floor and walls too.

Our little primary

Emily was adorable. I again wished that I could have taken pictures inside the temple just to get one of Emily so you could see how enthralled she was with it. She walked through the whole thing with her little pamphlet open and looking back and forth trying to find the pictures that matched. Unfortunately with the two temple open houses in Utah being so close to each other Emily doesn't quite understand why she can't always go inside the temple.


Later that night we went to Jeff's uncle's house for his annual backyard concert. They went all out this year and had Peter Brienholt, Jon Schmidt, Nancy Hanson, and David Tolk. It's usually some combination of those four, but never all at the same time. It was a ton of fun. I love how casual the performers always are at this concert. They joke around and take requests. They also talked about growing up in the 80's and did some fun renditions of some very popular songs. And thank heavens the rain held until the end. You couldn't have asked for better weather.
Emily wrapping Niki up in the blanket & then sitting on her

Peter B called all the kids up front to dance at the end.
(Emily's in the pink jacket)
A little taste of what we heard
Monday we went up to Lisa's house for a picnic. Unfortunately as soon as we finished eating it started pouring and Emily wasn't able to play on the playground at all. However because of the rain we ended up camped out at Lisa's for a good chunk of the afternoon so Emily got to visit with one of her favorite aunts for a while. Thanks for the invite, Lis.
Monday night we had a BBQ with some good friends that used to live in our ward. Fred & Sara were in town from Alaska, so we all got together at Tyler & Marli's. The food was great and so was the company. The kids ran around the house screaming and laughing the whole time. We're sad to see the Pettigrew's leave town again, but look forward to next summer when they come back again.
Eldon, Ella, Hayden, & Emily

The view from Tyler & Marli's back porch
(Oquirrh Mountain Temple)
Then of course the biggest event this past week has been Jeff's birthday. I didn't go as elaborate as I did last year with the big surprise party, but I still hope he had fun. We celebrated with Jeff's family on Sunday (where we both lucked out and got steak for dinner. Yumm!)
Wednesday was his actual birthday. I spent the morning in the kitchen making cookies and chicken salad sandwiches. Then Emily and I joined Jeff at work where we had a picnic - with said sandwiches and cookies. Unfortunately we had to stay inside because of the rain but Emily still loved it. She told me that morning that she wished she could go to work with daddy everyday.
After Emily's dance class that night we had dinner at my parents. Then we had even more cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday to Jeff again. Unfortunately I didn't think to bring candles and my mom didn't have any, so yes, that is a match stuck in his cake.
Friday night Jeff and I went out to celebrate so Emily got to spend the night at Gma Newman's. I wasn't there (obviously) to take pictures but Gma let her stay up till 11:00 watching a movie and playing with her cousin Ally (who also spent the night). Emily got both mine and Jeff's genes and would never wake before noon unless she had to, however at 6:15am Saturday morning she woke my mom up. Once Ally was up they had breakfast and then jumped on the tramp - completely soaking their pj's. She was so excited to go to my parents that night and kept saying that she likes to have sleepovers and that she takes turns with Gma Newman and Gma Holbrook. She's so lucky to have such great grandparents.
Saturday was also my mom's birthday. So after the sleepover all the girls met downtown and had lunch at The Garden. While I was out having fun, Jeff - being the good husband that he is - was home painting. We're putting wood flooring down so we're practically painting the whole downstairs before it's installed (of course the painting is at my request). Thanks for sacrificing your whole day for me, Jeff!
And Happy Birthday, mom! You're beautiful!
Stacy (& Cameron), Lisa, Jessie, Emily, Me, Jenny, Ally

And then last, but surely not least, I want to congratulate all of you that had enough guts to comment on my last post. I know I left you hanging...but I just couldn't help it. As I was putting together that post I just kind of ended up including that last part...
So to answer all the inquiries. Yes, I am pregnant. Everything's going well and I haven't really been sick. I fortunately don't get morning sickness or anything. There are times when I might feel like I want to throw up, but I'm lucky enough to have my mother's genes and don't. I of course do visit the bathroom quite often as this kid seems to already be using my bladder as a trampoline. We are all very excited and can't wait for this little one to join us this Christmas. I had another appointment this past week and got to see the heartbeat again. I also saw the spine, head, and little arms waving around. It was so much fun.
Thanks again for the cute shirt, Heather!

9 comments:

Ryan and Thierry said...

Wahoo! I'm so excited for you guys!! I thought this news had to be coming soon! Congrats!!!!!
PS It's so cute that Emily wants to go inside the temple all the time now! :)

Diana said...

Congratulations on expecting baby number two. I have to admit I was among the gutless who was crazily curious but didn't want to say anything. Hooray for you and Jeff! Sounds like you have a lot of fun over the past few weeks. By the way, it really is a small world - I worked with Fred and Sara at the hospital before they moved to Alaska. Crazy that they lived in your ward!

Jen said...

Yay for baby number 2! Congrats! I was wondering...but I rarely take the bold leap to ask. I am sure that Emily will be a super big sister!

Mals said...

I thought that this might be coming soon! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and I am just going to put my bet in right now that this little one is going to be a boy! If I win, you have to do my wedding flowers for free!!!!!

H Yoho said...

Yes, I win! Congrats. I know that this has been a highly anticipated desire for you. Funny how the body just becomes pregnant overnight with #2.

Heather said...

Glad you like the shirt and glad you are "out in the open" now! Isn't it so wonderfully reassuring to see the ultrasounds and know that it is all real!!
Hope you are feeling well!

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun this summer already! Congrats with #2 on the way!

Ryan and Staci said...

Congratulations on baby #2! I am so excited for you :)

Anna said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Emily will be such a great big sister.