Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Month

I can't believe our little guy is already one month old. Time has just flown by. Jacob's had a lot of firsts this month - first Christmas, first New Years, first bath, first family trip, and first cold. (And he actually had his first time away from mom. I decided to attend primary for a little bit on Sunday and was surprised at how normal it felt. It was really weird the first time I went somewhere without Emily).

Jacob has done so well adjusting to his new life. We're very fortunate that he will usually go 6 hours between feedings at night and I'm very appreciative of his desire to eat every 3 or 4 hours during the day - instead of the customary 2. Jacob has such an intense stare and a thoughtful expression. I love staring into his eys - they look bluer and bluer every day. He has such a quiet, hoarse little cry that it either makes me smile or want to cry when I hear it. He is also very strong. When laying down he pushes himself all over and he's almost always in the top corner of his crib when he wakes up. Several people - grandparents, doctors, nurses, and Jeff - have all commented on how strong he is (of course my ribs and I already knew that). Jacob is such a little cuddler. I love how he curls up in my arms and snuggles. And of course I'm still totally in love with his dimples. I love it when he cracks a smile while sleeping, eating or at other random times (like yesterday when Emily was showing him how silly her potato head looked).

I am grateful for what a wonderful helper and big sister Emily is. She is always so good to get me things when I'm stuck on the couch or help cheer up Jacob when I'm busy making dinner. We are all so grateful for his sweet little spirit. I just can't imagine life without him or my sweet Emily. What a wonderful blessing to be a parent.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Jacob is such a beautiful baby. I am so lucky to be his Grandma! And it goes without saying how special Emily is. You are so blessed with your little family.

Heather said...

Wow! I'm impressed you were able to take off a whole month from Primary--I imagine it is because you were so organized before you left. I only got 2 weeks, but then again 3 out of 4 of our presidency all had babies within a month--horrible timing!

I'm glad Jacob is being such a good baby for you!

geri said...

He is adorable!!