Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Post Pregnancy Rantings

I've noticed that after the arrival of baby #2 fellow bloggers posting trends tend to drop off. I now find myself in that same boat and completely understand why. As I'm making lunch with one hand, holding a crying baby with the other, have spit up running off my shoulder, and the phone is ringing, I find that my to-do list is accumulating quite a layer of dust. As I mentally add things to my list, blogging initially starts out at the bottom and as time passes it moves up to the top till I'm so guilt ridden that I haven't documented my kids life that I finally have a marathon post in an attempt to squash that feeling. I then vow I'm not going to do that again and I'll post again in a couple of days. Then lo and behold it's been two weeks or even a month and I've yet to even note that the kids are driving me insane and I'm wishing I was in my best friends shoes right now as she's on a cruise with her husband or that I could swap places with my sister and be leaving for Cancun tomorrow. But alas, I'm here with a constant barrage of whining and a baby that will only sleep if he's being held and wondering how I'm ever going to have time to prepare my sharing time for Sunday. Now in an attempt to start thinking positively (and so this post doesn't seem so depressing) let's just move on to pictures.


Dress shopping with Aunt Niki and playing cards with soon-to-be Uncle Mike. (And note that Mike is playing princess go fish. He's going to be a good uncle to all those girls).
And here's what completely makes up for the disastrous looking house, numerous pancake or grilled cheese dinners, once-a-week showers, 3-days-a-week pajama days, and one out-of-the-loop primary president:

5 comments:

The KGB Family said...

I'm currently feeling the same pain. Everyone keeps telling me it gets better.............still waiting!

Jessie said...

What a great smile! He's a yummy baby!

Jen said...

It DOES get better! Hang in there...2 is a huge adjustment, but once they can play with each other you will wonder how you survived being a mom to only one child...looking back now I think it was much harder! Such darling kids!

Perry's said...

I can't really relate but I am sure it is so hard and don't know how all you mom's out there manage but you truly are my heros. Hang in there and keep up the good work you have to beautiful babes to show for all you do!!

Me said...

BEC!!!! What a dang cute little boy! Amen to everything you wrote! Somehow it does get better, and you will be blogging again before you know it. . .or at least getting more sleep- the more important priority:-) Hope you are doing good and hanging in there! See you!