Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two Months & Counting

Wow - it's already been 9 weeks since Jacob joined our little family. As long as some of the past days have been, the time really has flown by. He is now over 12 lbs - 75th% for height and weight. The last 4 weeks Jacob has been busy perfecting his smile, sleeping 8-10 hours at night (Hallelujah!!!), only napping when being held, and testing out his vocal chords. He's also started tracking (he loves to look at his toys... and unfortunately the tv) and he's started grabbing things. I have thoroughly enjoyed snuggling with him. I love how he always watches me and is very eager to smile back.


Emily continues to love having her brother around and she is such a good helper. She is always so willing to sing to him, give him his paci, hold him, and try to make him smile. Today she read books to him while I ate breakfast.

Of course there are other things demanding my time and going on in our lives besides taking care of Jacob. So here are the rest of our pictures and adventures the past several weeks:

4 comments:

Thierry said...

Bec- Your kids are so adorable! I'm glad to see things are going well for you as a mother of two!
So I signed Hayden up for that preschool... are you having Emily go there again? We are doing MWF mornings... I saw Jeff there one day while I was picking up the registration packet and he was dropping off Emily... I dont think he knew who I was and he probably thought I was a crazy lady! :)

Heather said...

Wow, so nice that Emily can entertain Jacob while you eat breakfast! What a blessing! When Maggie was a newbie I had to make sure I NEVER left her on the ground for worries that Ella would SMOTHER her in "hugs" and try to pick her up! But I guess that's the difference, Ella was still a baby herself and Emily is such a grown-up big sister! Glad things are going so well and that Jacob is sleeping through the night and then some! You lucky Mama!

Jessie said...

Darling pictures! I love these sweet grandchildren.

Perry's said...

They are so cute. I can't believe how big he is. I can see both of you in him for sure. Love that she is at the princess stage that is so fun!