Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ode to Bjorn

Today I paid bills, worked on primary stuff, cleaned all three bathrooms, read books with Emily, did laundry, and made dinner ... all with Jacob strapped to the front of me.

He's still only napping well if he's held and the past couple of days it seems to have gotten worse. He's now not content during his awake time unless he's being entertained. He can't quite hold his toys by himself yet so unless I'm there to play with him he just cries. He has such a hoarse little cry it makes it extremely hard to just let him cry things out. I feel so guilty. So today I gave in and just carried him around with me. I'm sure I'm just making things worse in the long run. But I guess I'm the one that has to deal the consequences - let's just hope they won't be too bad. So I want to say thank you to the Swedish for saving my shoulders. I've used our baby bjorn more with Jacob in the last week then I ever used with Emily. Oh, and the extra $40 we spent on getting the one with better back support - totally worth it.

2 comments:

Stan and Mel said...

I am with you on the baby bjorn. I don't know how I would ever fly without it. I still strap Heidi to me if I need to exercise and Heidi isn't asleep. I'm sure it doesn't hurt my workout to have an extra 20lbs on me. It does hurt the shoulders a little though.

Heather said...

My girls were both the same way--it was very difficult to get them to take naps during the day and they always wanted to be held when they were awake as well. I think until the time each was about 4 or 5 months old I made almost every dinner with them strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn. . . a lot of times I would end up dancing while fixing dinner as well since not only did they like to be held, but they needed the movement or else they would scream! Good luck. . .it sounds like you are still accomplishing a lot through it all!