Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Snow, Hair, & Flowers

A week ago Friday we all went to my mom's for a playdate and lunch. We lucked out with the big snow storm the night before so we brought the kids snow clothes and sent them out back while we made carmel brownies and chicken craisen salad. They were so cute out there and they all loved it. Sara & Lucy's favorite thing was to eat the snow. Emily's favorite was the sledding and Jackson kept trying to make snow angels half-way on the concrete. I'm so grateful to live so close to family and that Emily has so many cousins to play with. We had the youngest 7 grandkids there - all 31/2 years and younger. It was pretty busy. I'm glad we had my mom and Lisa there to help.

Emily attempted some snow eating - but she couldn't be bothered to pick it up.

After a yummy lunch and some persuasion on both sides, Lisa cut 8-9" off my hair. I decided I was done having it catch on everything and Jacob grabbing it. So it's now quite a bit shorter, lighter, and curlier. And you'd think that 9" would be enough for anyone to notice you've gotten a haircut right? Think again. The first person that noticed was a mom at preschool the following Tuesday - and that includes Jeff who complains about it almost every night when it gets in his face.
The rest of my evening and the next morning (besides dealing with kids) was spent doing flowers. Lisa needed another arrangement for her stake conference. After falling in love with some orange Ranunculus at the shop I decided to take a purple and orange route. It made me excited for spring and summer and to see more color outside.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

It's so fun to get together. Lunch was yummy and the kids are so cute! Beautiful flower arrangement!

Marli said...

I guess it's offical you just don't love me anymore. When your hair can get that long and I never get to see it before you cut it. Seriously, your hair was so long. It looks cute in the blessing pictures though so you look beautiful either way. ;)

Stan and Mel said...

I guess we do live too far away and don't see you too often because I didn't realize your hair was that long. Was it as long as mine?
But, I must say when I looked at the blessing pictures I did notice that your hair looked shorter.