Friday, April 9, 2010
I had a bridal bouquet to do on Monday (my birthday), but other than that, I basically did nothing. It was so nice. The house was a mess, as it usually is after a holiday and a weekend spent running around. But I decided it could wait one more day - who wants to clean on their birthday? I played with the kids, talked on the phone and I think fell asleep watching Tigger and Pooh with Emily.
That night we had a fancy dinner - wendy's on the china. Emily was SO excited. She loves any reason to celebrate.
Then Jeff and Emily sang happy birthday and I opened presents. Emily had packed up a bunch of Jacob's toys and books and a package of wipes in her suitcase as one of my presents. I also got some stackable cooling racks, a rice cooker and an awesome set of pans (it counts as mother's day too). Oh, and I can't forget the sweet notes (and pictures) they all wrote and colored for me.
Jeff and I also went out to celebrate last Friday. We had an amazing dinner at Tucanos. Yum. I don't like pineapple, but I could eat a whole one if it was grilled like that. We then went to see Blindside. Oh so good. I love Sandra Bullock. A huge thanks to my mom and dad for watching the kids for us for several hours. I don't remember the last time Jeff and I went on a real date - meaning more than just dinner. I wish we had something to celebrate (and babysitters) so we could go out every weekend. Thanks to everyone for the birthday phone calls, emails, texts and wishes. It's always nice to be remembered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a happy birthday. I'm blessed to be your mother. And those flowers...they're beautiful!
Happy Birthday Bec (again)! It sounds like it was a good one (especially with those presents you scored from Emily :))
But I do have to say, you live within 10 minutes of two sets of very willing grandparents---don't you always have babysitters?
Post a Comment