Monday, April 12, 2010

Why does life get so busy?

Every time I turn around I see something that needs to be done. I'm exhausted just looking at how long my checklist is becoming. I had to get out of bed twice last night to write things down so I wouldn't forget them. Am I the only one that is this busy??? Or do I just not handle it as well everyone else? How do you do it?

2 comments:

Diana said...

I recently heard a story about Sister Hinkley in which someone asked her the secret to a happy marriage. She quickly replied "Lower your expections." I find that I often "create" things to put on my to-do list rather than putting must do items on the list. And if I lower my expectations on the not so important stuff I'm much happier. Good luck though, life is busy and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all!

Jen said...

Yep...life is that busy...at least it is around here. I think it is because as a mommy you think you have time based on the actual amount you have, but then you end up cleaning the spilled cereal off the floor for the umpteenth time or trying to read what is next on your list despite the coloring scribbles all over it...

I think we just keep plugging along and enjoy it while it lasts...I like Diana's suggestion about lowering our expectations! Despite what we may think, we can't actually do everything! :)