I also went on visits with my presidency the other night. It was so fun to just be in the car and talk about Brook giving turkey samples at the grocery store or Jenn's favorite iceburg shake. I am so grateful for the wonderful women I work with. I truly enjoy their friendships and will miss them all greatly when our time to serve together comes to an end (which will most likely be when we move).
I continue to be in love with Jacob. Emily has created a new game for when he's not eating very well. Instead of an airplane or train, we make animal sounds. The other morning as she was telling me which animals to do Jacob just wasn't responding very well until she requested a mouse. After my first "squeak, squeak" Jacob finally looked up at me and just started laughing. I loved it! As did Emily and she has of course been requesting a lot more "squeaks" since then. Jacob is also learning to grab the puffs off his tray and put them in his mouth. He's not usually very successful - at the letting go part - but he has done it a few times. I love the way his face lights up when I clap for him when he does do it. He also lights up in the morning when he sees Emily for the first time. He's usually up before she is so when I pull him out of his crib he immediatly looks over to Emily's bed and when he see's her he lunges toward her and just grins. I love how much those two love each other.
Jacob has also discovered a new toy while I'm changing his diaper. He immediatly grabs his feet and starts sucking on his toes. It's hilarious and just makes me laugh everytime.
The last enjoyment of the week that I will post is the mountains. When we were in OBX Emily kept asking where the mountains were. I think they're something I take for granted since I see them everyday. I love how majestic they are. And I also love how green they are right now. They remind me of the mountains I saw while in Alaska - although not quite as lush since they don't have glaciers at the bottom... and that's probably a good thing. I hope the greenness lasts for a while longer.
1 comment:
I love the mountains when they are green, too. I always think of "The Sound of Music" when they are green.
Post a Comment