Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm So Glad When Daddy is Home

Happy Father's Day! Jeff got to sleep in this morning and then the kids and I woke him up with presents. We then layed in bed for 40 minutes and cuddled, laughed and played. I love mornings like that. And I love watching Jeff play with the kids. He's so good to pretend with Emily.
After breakfast we looked up Brad & Heather's and Lisa & Spencer's new houses on google earth. It was fun to at least get an idea of what their new lives are like. Then it was on to church. It was busy today. The primary kids made m&m bowties and then sang to all of the priesthood. Emily made sure Jeff got peanut - he quizzed her the night before on which ones were daddy's favorite. It was fun to see all of the men wearing the bowties in Sacrament Meeting - and I won't complain that we got out 15 minutes early.
The Bishopric in their bowties
We had dinner with my family today. I love it when it's warm weather so we can send the kids out back to eat. It's fun to be able to actually talk to my siblings while we eat. I love summer dinners - hamburgers and watermelon. Mmm.
After dinner we got Lisa and Spence online so they could see my dad open his father's day gifts. It was so nice to see them. It feels like forever since I have. They then took us on a tour of their house via a webcam. They sure are putting a lot of work into it. I sure wish I could go out and help Lisa get settled. Dang Southwest reward flight limits!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You guys must love goofy faces! Happy Father's Day, Jeff. Love you, Emily and Jacob!

Diana said...

I didn't know Ryan McDaniel's is in your ward. You have so many great people in your ward Becca!