Friday, July 16, 2010

7 Months

Wow! Where does time go? I can't believe the year's half over, July is half over, and that my little guy is already 7 months old! It has been so much fun to have him around and to experience all of his first holidays. Jacob is still such a happy baby and will smile at anyone and anything. He's starting to become a bit 'shy' sometimes though and will bury his face in my shoulder or chest after a big smile at someone. I love it. He's also starting to show a preference for someone and will lean towards them when he wants them to hold him.
Shortly after turning 6 months he learned to blow raspberries. That new love didn't last long though because he quickly learned to scream. And when I say scream, I mean scream. It wasn't a little squeal. It was a high pitched, ear ringing curdle. It drove me nuts! After listening to it day in and day out for a couple of weeks and trying everything I could possibly do to get him to stop, I prayed for inspiration on what to do. The next day his screaming diminished and he started blowing raspberries again. Oh, I never thought that I'd be so happy to see spit coming out of his mouth!

(A sample of some mild screaming--doesn't come close to doing it justice)

Jacob also loves to move. Since mastering his rolling skills he is now taking after his sister and rolling every where he can. Emily is quickly realizing what it's like to have a somewhat mobile sibling and that if she doesn't want him playing with her Barbies, she better move them. When being held Jacob likes to jump, twist, squirm, bend, slide and any other possible movement he could possibly do while in your arms. When placed on his hands and knees he will now hold the position. I'm thinking it'll only be a matter of time till he becomes completely mobile. Ahhh! I don't know if I'm ready for that stage again.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Look at those gorgeous blue eyes! I love our little guy. I can't believe he's 7 months old.