Saturday, June 9, 2012

Love

Motherhood is something very dear to me and something I hold very close to my heart. As far back as I can remember I dreamed of one day becoming a mom. From that first moment I heard their little heartbeat and felt their first little flutter inside me I was in love with Emily and Jacob. Head-over-heals in love. Every moment of every day was spent thinking of, preparing for, and dreaming of snuggling their little bodies and kissing their little heads. Emily and Jacob were both hard sought and their arrivals were very long awaited and I couldn't wait to get them in my arms.

This time around came a bit easier. As grateful as I am that I didn't have to go through that incredibly long process (again), is it crazy of me to say that maybe a part of me missed it? I realized as I prepared for the arrival of this little girl that I didn't know if I fully appreciated the miracle that was taking place inside me. My level of excitement was different this time around. Was it because it was baby #3? Already having kids didn't allow time to day dream like before? Was it because life in general seems a bit surreal right now with us not being permanently settled? Or something else entirely? Maybe it was because I'm masochistic. Whatever the reason though as we drove to the hospital and as I sat in the delivery room I couldn't help but wonder how my relationship with this new little person was going to be.

Then after several hours of being totally miserable (thank heavens the epidural actually kicked in in the end) this completely beautiful and perfect little body was placed on my chest. And in that instant it didn't matter how hard or easy it was to get her here, how many children I already had, or where I lived ... I was in love -- completely, utterly, and irrevocably in love.

Elizabeth Ann
Born June 6th at 5:10pm
8 lbs, 18 1/2 inches

7 comments:

The KGB Family said...

Thanks for making me cry. Congrats-She is beautiful, you are beautiful!

Jessie said...

She's a little bundle of sweetness! I'm in love again, too!

Snell Family said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful and that's such a pretty name.

Tim and Heidi said...

Such a pretty little thing! Hope you're going to call her Lizzie, I've thought about naming two girls Jane and Elizabeth just because I love Pride and Predjudice so much :) Congrats!

Ryan and Staci said...

She is beautiful! Congrats you guys!!

Thierry said...

Beautiful! Congratulations and I hope you're feeling well. I love your words.

Renee said...

Oh My! She is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Congratulations. We are so very happy for you. (and happy for us too, since we get to keep you in the neighborhood!!)