Thursday, October 31, 2013

October

Soccer has started again! Emily is thrilled to be back on the field and is doing great. She continues to improve and is becoming quite the little defender. 
And the other kids are good sports about being dragged to her games all the time.


We made our annual trip to Lyle's pumpkin patch on conference Sunday. He's always so generous to share his pumpkins with us!






We also had our annual Halloween dinner on the 13th. 



Jacob had his first field trip with preschool - a visit to Wheeler Farm. It was a very rainy day, but cleared up for the most part right in time for the field trip. We visited Jeff at work for a bit and had lunch with him before walking over to the farm. I think Emily & Eliza were more into the animals than Jacob though. He just wanted to play with his friend's stroller. 

One of the things I'm doing this year for PTA is teacher appreciation. We did three days of meals for the teachers during SEP conferences. Our theme that was perfect for the fall? "We love you to the core!" (Of course 99% of all of the decor I had  previously used for a Stake RS activity a few weeks before. It was great that it worked out for both!)

Ummm, apparently I wasn't listening to this girl when she told me she was hungry? And apparently she didn't listen to me when I told her I was making dinner and she could eat in a few minutes.

One of the joys of fall: Playing in the Leaves!






Since Halloween was on a Thursday this year we had the school parade and parties right on Halloween. (Normally our school does it the Friday before). I was in charge of Emily's class party and thankfully Jeff took the day off so he was able to take the kids so I could just head to her class after the parade. 
Our beautiful monarch

We had lots of games....

 ...and lots of food!
We have such great and amazing parents and teachers at our school!
Emily's 2nd grade class

As soon as I wrapped up Emily's party, I ran home to head to Jacob's preschool parade. 
We had a little bit of time between parties to regroup and eat dinner (and also for Liza to sneak Halloween fruit snacks and hide in my curtains)...

...before heading out trick or treating. 
 Eliza and her future best friend that lives three doors down - both dressed up as ladybugs. 
 And of course we ended the night (and the month) checking out all the great loot the kids collected!

No comments: