Friday, July 6, 2007

A new member of our family

Well, it’s happened. Jeff and I finally broke down and decided it was time to get a pet. Actually, it was our neighbor who got a fish and when she kept finding her kitten's paw all wet, she decided it hadn’t been such a great idea. Therefore we inherited it. Needless to say, we were hesitant to accept it and became even more so when it dawned on us that the bowl needed routine cleanings. But with “fish” being one of the few words Emily can say and her immediate love of it, we’ve decided it’s going to stay. We’ve already had him for two weeks and apparently we’re not that creative because we’re still just calling him fish. We welcome any comments with suggestions on a name. We couldn’t tell you if it’s male or female though…how can you tell on a fish?

3 comments:

Anna said...

That picture is great! I once had a fish named Chuck. Sorry, I'm not more creative with name suggestions.

Marli said...

Cute Cute Picture. I like the 4th of July pictures as well. As for a fish name. . . I don't have any so I guess I'm not that creative either.

Call him Sushi, he he he. :)

Nicole said...

CUTE picture. We usually named our fish(es) Swimmy, or Swimmy 1, 2, 3, etc. :D