Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peace & Quiet

Normally I would say that I understand how nice a little peace and quiet can be. But after today, I know that I haven't fully appreciated the joy of it. My sister and her husband are spending the week in Grand Cayman and Jeff and I are taking care of their three kids. While Emily has had a blast playing with "Ally" (pronounced with the spanish double L sound) and "Sa-sa" (Sara) and they in turn with her, I have found myself already counting down to Sunday. And I think you could probably pinpoint the moment the clock started ticking to when I read over Jenn's directions last night (Sam is up by 7:00am and by 7:20 is practicing the piano). But at the moment Sam & Ally are in school and Emily & Sara are napping and I get at least one hour of undisturbed time to myself (well, at least today I do). You wouldn't believe how great it is! Of course the time will be cut short by school getting out, babies waking up, and all the extracurricular activities that then take place. But as exhausting & long as this week will be, I have at least learned something about myself. I am perfectly content with my quiet life at home with Emily and I'm really in no hurry to change it.

1 comment:

happytiff said...

HA-HA, HA-HA, HA-HA! HOW FUNNY! It's always difficult changing your own routine to suit someone else's. Gotta hand it to Jenny, she runs a tight ship! Gotta hand it to you, for helping her! What works for some families, just may not work for others. I guess we all just need to find our own families groove. Each child's needs seem to be determined by that child's individuality, which also seems to have an impact on our own plans, of what we think should be. Also, I remember thinking, "once your kids are in school during the day, things will slow up"...but it's the OPPOSITE! I love you Sweetie, Hang in there! Four kids are hard to handle, but I just know that you're doing a great job! You are such a wonderful Mommy! Enjoy that sweet little Emily as much as possible while she is little and has a light schedule. LMK if you need any help, k!