Well, we made it. Our drive is now officially complete. We stayed at Stan & Mel’s in Christiansburg till Saturday and then made our last leg of the trip across Virginia to the coast. We all enjoyed the day off from driving, but I think Emily was the most happy about it. When going in to get her from her afternoon nap (the first one she’d been able to take in a house and crib in the last week) Jeff found this…
Apparently she thought she’d celebrate the momentous occasion by learning how to undress herself. Her socks are always pulled off and occasionally she gets an arm pulled out of her sleeve when she takes a nap, but I’ve never had her completely strip down. We’re just glad the diaper stayed on (and I’m sure Stan & Mel are too).
I'm grateful for the uninterrupted reading time the day of rest provided so I could read my Darcy book (thanks mom, for letting me bring it with me) and Jeff, as predicted, spent the day on the Wii. Emily also showed her enthusiasm for not being strapped into a car by dancing at all of her meals. Here she is with a big grin, eating the rare, and extremely nice, home cooked meal.
Some of you may have already heard about my reservations about our current adventure. As much as I love Brad & Heather and enjoy spending time with them, how can one be excited about 4 adults and 2 kids sharing two bedrooms and one bathroom for two months? However cramped the quarters may be, we’re extremely grateful for their hospitality and glad they have a sense of humor (I’m sure we’re all going to need one at some point over the next several weeks). Upon entering our room, we found this on the bed...
Thanks Heather, we feel truly welcomed. I especially liked the added touch of the mints.



6 comments:
And for the record, I didn't spend the whole day off at Stan's playing Wii (I took some time off to play some old-school Zelda and ran to the store for a few dinner items).
I slept in that bed and shared the hospitality of Brad and Heather for a week. It was great! Oh - maybe having No Ella or Emily would make a difference. Anyway - the bed is comfortable.
Glad to see you made it safe! Enjoy your adventure!
Glad you made it safely! Love your blog, looks like you know how to change it now! It looks great, hopefully my lesson wasn't too confusing!
Where did you get the cute background was it shabbyprincess?
Post a Comment