Over the past few weeks Emily has shown an interest in cooking. I don’t know if it’s because she gets to climb up the step stool or if she’s really an aspiring chef (one of her favorite movies is Ratatouille). She likes to help peel vegetables, make garlic bread, mix or stir things, and put things in bowls or pots. The other night I was making mashed potatoes and after peeling them she saw me start cutting them up. She started saying “E-e-e cut” (translation: “Emily cut”). I quickly nixed the idea and sidetracked her by having her put them in the pot. I think I’m going to have to keep an eye on her and our knives from now on though.


1 comment:
Emily and Grant could open a restaurant. Emily will be the chef and Grant will be the dishwasher - because there's nothing that kid loves more than washing dishes. Honestly.
Post a Comment