Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 71: Goodbye Virginia!

I definitely have mixed emotions about today. I’ve looked forward to it for a while and I’m anxious to be in my own home again. But I’m really sad to leave here too. Living with family (in-laws at that) in such close quarters can be quite an experience. As one of Jeff’s uncles mentioned, he wasn’t “worried about Brad & Jeff – anything happens, they’re brothers and they’ll get over it. It’s Becca & Heather that might have a problem and then it would be harder to get over.” Well I’m sure there were plenty of times Heather was ready to kick us out the front door (like when Emily would go running down the hall and bang outside the door while Ella was asleep), but she never did and we never had big arguments that will scar our relationship. We are forever grateful for Brad & Heather and their generosity. I know I feel closer to them (how can you not when you’ve shared a bathroom with no lock on the door for nine weeks?) and am grateful for the experiences we now share. We are sad to leave them and are extremely sad that Emily and Ella won’t be as close anymore. Nothing could cheer those girls up better than seeing each other. I’m sure that Brad & Heather are the favorite aunt and uncle right now. (There’s no question when Emily wakes up in the middle off the night and calls out for Heather and won’t have anything to do with me or Jeff).
As difficult as it was to be so far away from home, we’ve made another home out here and it's hard to leave. But the time has come whether we're ready or not, so ...

Goodbye House

Goodbye Swing

Goodbye Room




Goodbye Brad, Heather & Ella

Thank you for all the wonderful times and memories. We miss you already and look forward to seeing you in June!

1 comment:

Johnson's said...

Becca-It's Jenn Johnson. I'm glad you're coming home. Bishop Goekeritz called us and we'll be blessing our new baby girl in you're ward June 1st. Hopefully we'll be able to see you there. Travel safely. Check my blog out at larsandjenn.blogspot.com