Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Things You Do For Family

One of my stresses last week was my little sister's Senior Recital. I know you're asking why the heck am I stressed about her recital? Well, she asked me to be in charge of it - the food, decorations, etc. and apparently I'm not very good at saying no. So last Thursday and Friday I was baking, arranging flowers, making several runs to various different stores, and trying to track down a stand to put the dang arrangement on (All while trying to keep a sick 2 year old happy and out of the way). I told Lisa that I was as stressed about the whole thing as she was (she didn't believe me). But I was able to get the whole thing together and was so relieved to have it all over with. I hope I can remember not to agree to take on a big thing like this during the month of December. It's just too crazy.
The 5 ft arrangement that gave me such a headache

The goodies we had after (I didn't make it all - I'm not that good)

Lisa and her husband Spencer

A taste of what we heard that night -
She played a little Beethoven, Bach, Mendelssohn, Rachmaninoff & Chopin

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Thank you so much for planning the refreshments and flowers. It was all so beautiful. You are truly talented, Rebecca. I couldn't be more proud of my beautiful daughters and handsome sons!

Jeff said...

She may not have made all the desserts, but she did make the 2 best ones! (sorry to everyone else who made desserts, they were good, just weren't quite as good as Becca's).

Marli said...

The flowers are beautiful Becca!!! Great job as always!