Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Happy New Year! (chinese that is)
Since Chinese New Year was on Monday I made Ham Fried Rice & Orange Chicken for dinner. Jeff pulled out all his China stuff and we ate dinner with several dragons and budah's.
We also decorated the house with his other pictures and stuff.
I attempted using chopsticks again and tried to get a few tips from the pro - but even with Jeff's help I ended up swapping them for a fork. Emily of course tried to stab all her food with her chopsticks and wouldn't give up like me and use a fork. The only way we could get her to finish eating was for Jeff to help her.
Then for FHE we talked about China and the people there and how the little kids go to nursery and primary just like Emily. (And she got to dress up in some of the stuff Jeff brought back with him)
We wrapped the night up with popcorn and a movie. Emily enjoys seeing movies - especially when she gets to watch them with mom and dad. And she absolutely LOVES popcorn. Sticking with the theme of course, we put in Mulan. I have to admit that this is one of my favorite Disney shows - I especially like the music. I just wish they showed more of Mulan & Shang in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Like I've said before, you are terrific parents! What a fun idea!
yay! Happy New Year. I always liked trying to eat with the chopsticks. What a fun thing to celebrate, dragons and all.
Post a Comment