After Wicked we had a delicious dinner at Olive Garden (definitely try the Tuscan Garlic Chicken). Jeff had also surprised me earlier with a night's stay at the Hilton so after spending the rest of the evening walking around downtown and getting ice cream we headed back to our room. It was nice to be able to watch a movie as loud as we wanted and then to be able to sleep in in the morning. Thanks Dave & Arline for watching Emily for us. And thank you to all of you that called or in any other way sent me birthday wishes.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Happy Birthday To Me
The celebrations started Friday when we went to Red Robin with my parents. I don't know who likes the restaurant more - Emily or Jeff. I'm probably a close runner up. We had a free birthday dinner coupon and then I was surprised when they brought out dessert for me too. Not very many restaurants do that any more.
My actual birthday was on Sunday. Jeff entertained Emily so I could enjoy a very nice morning session of conference. Then we went to Jeff's parents house for lunch with the Holbrooks. Jeff's brother Brad flew in from Virginia to wish me Happy Birthday (well... and attend a good friend's funeral). It was nice to visit with Brad for a bit and Emily sure loved playing with him. Thanks again, Dave & Arline, for the cheesecake and singing!
Emily playing with Gpa's binoculars
That night we had dinner at my parents house while Jeff attended a viewing. My family sang to me and then we had the cupcakes that Jeff and Emily had made that morning.
The real birthday celebrations were yesterday. Jeff and I went to go see Wicked with my parents and my sister and her husband. It was amazing!! I am so glad we were able to get tickets. The music was awesome and the whole play was very humorous and entertaining. It even kept Jeff awake and mostly interested (and that's hard to do - especially with a musical). Thanks again for getting us the tickets Dave!
After Wicked we had a delicious dinner at Olive Garden (definitely try the Tuscan Garlic Chicken). Jeff had also surprised me earlier with a night's stay at the Hilton so after spending the rest of the evening walking around downtown and getting ice cream we headed back to our room. It was nice to be able to watch a movie as loud as we wanted and then to be able to sleep in in the morning. Thanks Dave & Arline for watching Emily for us. And thank you to all of you that called or in any other way sent me birthday wishes.
After Wicked we had a delicious dinner at Olive Garden (definitely try the Tuscan Garlic Chicken). Jeff had also surprised me earlier with a night's stay at the Hilton so after spending the rest of the evening walking around downtown and getting ice cream we headed back to our room. It was nice to be able to watch a movie as loud as we wanted and then to be able to sleep in in the morning. Thanks Dave & Arline for watching Emily for us. And thank you to all of you that called or in any other way sent me birthday wishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Red Robin was great, Wicked was fabulous and you are an awesome daughter! I'm so blessed to be your mother. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
P.S. I love the pictures of you and Emily. It's true...my daughters are my best friends!
Wow, what a fun weekend! Happy b-day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm such a bad friend. :( I'm so happy that you got to see Wicked. Someday I will see that stinkin play. Maybe when it's not so popular. :) It looks like you had a fun day.
Happy birthday!
Is Red Robin a tradition? We made it our tradition this year when we were thinking of what our Easter traditions should be. Anyway - great minds think alike :)
Post a Comment