Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

Emily is at such a fun age. She understands the concepts of the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus (although I make sure she knows the real reason behind the celebrating). All weekend she was so excited to have the Easter Bunny come and hide some eggs for her to find. Sunday morning she came running into our room ready to go hunting. Unfortunately I was already in the shower and she had to wait - which was very hard for her to do. Jeff had to keep pulling her away from the stairs. But we finally made it down to check out her basket - and she was equally excited for the movie as she was to have the treats. She quickly found all the eggs that were hidden and thought it was hilarious that one of them was between the couch cushions.
I, of course, did the traditional Easter dress - and Emily couldn't wait to wear it. She was thrilled to wear her pink Easter dress and "ballerina shoes" (she's such a girl). Fortunately she was also patient enough that morning to let me curl her hair. I love it curled. I wish I had the time and we both had the patience to do it every day.
We spent Sunday evening with my family up at my sister's house. After a delicious dinner my mom and sisters and I hid 80 eggs outside. They were of course filled with the usual candy, treats and some coins. But this year we also included a few dollar bills in them and there was one "golden egg" that had a $10 bill in it. Of course my brothers and Sam really really wanted that one. After everyone had collected their eggs we all sat down to open them. Emily got $3.50, Jackson had almost $7 and Sara had a few ones, plus the "golden egg." I think Chris, Matthew and Sam may have had two dollars between the three of them.
After the Easter egg hunt the kids all sat down on the steps. Of course at the time it seemed like a great photo opp. I had 5 people standing behind me trying to get the kids to all sit still, look at the camera, and smile all at the same time. Didn't happen. And my mom wonders why we haven't attempted to do cousin pictures.The kids ended the night jumping on the tramp. Lisa volunteered to join them when they wanted to be bounced. Of course they all loved flying up into the air.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Emily's hair is so cute with curls!

I love the picture with the feet on the tramp.

Thierry said...

Looks like you've got such a fun family! Isn't it awesome to have so many cousins that are Emily's age?! I love that about Ryan's family!

Jessie said...

Could Emily be any cuter? I loved spending Easter with my family.

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

What a cute dress on a cute girl!

Heather said...

Emily's curls are pretty adorable, and I can't believe you got her to sit still long enough so you could curl it. Ella would throw a fit! I have a hard time getting her to let me comb her hair enough to get a barrette in it! I am VERY impressed!