
Jeff's work had their 5th anniversary last week. To celebrate they had a big open house where family and past patients were able to attend. They provided dinner - an amazing spread of prime rib, chicken, veggies, rice, and potatoes. And of course the desserts were amazing too. There must have been at least 5 different kinds of cake, a dozen different finger desserts, and of course, a chocolate fountain. Since half of Jeff's family also work at Aspen Ridge they were there to enjoy it all with us. Emily and Ella also got one last time to play. And boy did they have fun...
After eating we ended up going into the therapy gym where the girls had a blast. Emily LOVES visiting her dad at work and she was more than willing to show Ella all the things she likes to do.After playing with the balloons they soon discovered how much fun the tables were.
These girls just laughed and laughed that night. I can't wait till Brad & Heather are out here again and can stay for two whole months! The girls are going to love it.After the open house we went up to my parents' house. My dad has been out of town for the past 5 1/2 weeks and had just gotten home the night before. Emily was so excited to see Gpa Newman again. She kept giving him hugs and following him around the house. It was so cute. We are all SO glad to have him back home. We missed you dad!!!
We raced home from Aspen Grove to get ready for the U vs Louisville game. We'd forgotten how much fun it is to be AT the game instead of just watching it. It'd been a long time. Of course having the Utes win made it even more fun. Emily was really good the whole time. A big thanks to Dave for bringing his binoculars - they entertained Emily for a lot of the time. She also learned how to shell peanuts and that kept her attention for a while. Towards the end she really got into it and was screaming and yelling "GO UTES!"
Thanks for the great weekend Dave & Arline!
After having such a busy week last week, it was nice to not have anything going on this week. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't do anything. I've spent the majority of my time cleaning out and re-organizing all of our closets and cupboards. Emily was a big helper ... some of the time. Here she is cleaning her kitchen while I worked on the linen closet.
PS Sorry for the marathon post. I know my last several posts have been this way. When I have free time and can check peoples blogs it always bugs me when they're not updated for several weeks. And here I am, doing just that. So to those of you that are like me, I'm sorry. I completely admit I am a hypocrite. Hopefully things are calming down now and I can do better at blogging. But let's be realistic, I still have a 5 page to do list before this kids arrives and christmas shopping and the primary program trump blogging.



2 comments:
Brad told me that Ella had a fun time that night at Jeff's work--but I had no idea!! I'm sorry I missed it. Thanks for posting the videos, Ella has loved watching them and can't wait to play with Emily again. See you soon!
Oh, my gosh the picture of the baby elephant with it's mommy giving loves, wow, that is such a great shot. It looks like you guys have been up to tons of fun as always. I hope you are feeling okay. We should get together soon. Maybe we could do Halloween cookies like we did that one year.
Post a Comment