The past month has brought a lot of changes for our family during which Jacob has been a little trooper. He continues to crawl around and get into anything he can - and of course it all still goes right to his mouth. Jacob is a great sharer and is always trying to put his slobbery toys (or paci) in my mouth. He had his first ear infection this past month. He is such a good natured kid that we didn't realize he was that that sick until we saw a bunch of drainage from his ear. That usually means the ear drum has burst from all the pressure. We took him to the doctor and sure enough - that's exactly what had happened. We had a bit of a hard time getting it cleared up and had to go to the doctor's again for another check and prescription. While he had the infection he struggeled a bit napping and I had a hard time finding things that he'd eat. I guess that should have been a sign right there - he normally eats anything and everything. We saw the doctor just the other day again and he was happy to report his ear drum is all healed and he looks great. I'm happy we finally got it all cleared up and I'd be even happier if the picky eating thing had disapeared with the infection.
(Jacob ran his hands through his hair during lunch)
Jacob has the best smile and laugh. He is such a happy little boy and smiles so easily. I just love it when he giggles and gets excited. He is talking more and more and I never tire of hearing him. Jacob has always been one that is on the move - even when he's strapped into something. When he gets excited about something or is just wants to be a part of something he kicks his legs. Here is a video of him enjoying the swings in the backyard.

No comments:
Post a Comment