We decided we'd attempt Special Olympics with 2 kids this fall - making it our 8th year of being on the Games Organizing Committee. It was a fun couple of days seeing some familiar faces and getting to know a few new ones. It's always a blast running into our favorite athletes and SOUT members. Emily had a blast helping out with lunches and running around campus for a couple of days. She was a great helper and made lots of new friends. Jacob smiled at everyone and was a trooper with his naps. Thanks for the opportunity to serve again Mal!
Some of the GOC
Passing out lunch, Jazz bear & cleaning up @ Opening Cermonies, passing out on the way home, catching a few minutes of a gold medal basketball game.
Pics with all the mascots @ Ceremonies, Star Spangled Banner And if you can't tell from the following videos, there were lots of opportunities to dance. Of which Emily was thrilled about and took advantage of. I should really get her back in dance class...

2 comments:
It was so fun seeing you guys! We need to plan a lunch or get together for November ASAP!!!
First of all, these are great photos and I would love to get copies of them to send downtown, second does the caption underneath the photo mean that I am a mascot? I mean I know I am roast beef, but really.......a mascot?
Post a Comment