We went to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum today. Anna is right – Salt Lake’s doesn’t even come close. Emily and Grant had a blast. We saw the dinosaur & train exhibit. Then we rode the carousel and Emily didn’t like it when we tried to pull her off. After going three times we finally were able to distract her by pointing out a miniature house that she could go in and play. There was a cupboard with dishes and a table and chairs inside so of course she was in heaven. We had to be clever yet again in order to coax her out of the house to go see anything else though. We went through a maze on our way to another exhibit. There were lights and mirrors everywhere. Jeff & Anna pointed something out to me so I followed around the corner to see it. Emily suddenly realized I wasn't right next to her and freaked out and ran towards me .... well, ran to where she thought I was anyway. We suddenly heard a thump and Emily start crying and I turned around to see her laying on the floor in front of a mirror that reflected where we were all just standing. There wasn't too big of a bump.
We then went to the area designated for 5 years and under and spent our remaining time there. Emily and Grant went right to the sand table and we had quite the episode trying to get Emily to explore anything else in the museum. After a big fit and a time out (apparently that's pretty typical), we finally got her to climb around on a rock wall, raft & bridge before discovering a slide. We found another house with even more dishes & food where Emily enjoyed playing for a while before she decided to clean up and put everything in the fridge. We ended the afternoon when we decided it was way past naptime.
After loading the car up again we headed to Columbus, Ohio to see the Perry’s. Emily loved playing with their dogs and Sherri was kind enough to show me a thing or two about blogging. Thanks Shayne & Sherri for the bed and I hope we didn't distract Shayne from studying too much!








3 comments:
Your pictures are so good! We had so much fun with you guys. I'm glad you finally made it to your destination and congratulations on doing it without the DVD player - you're better than us :)
I wish I could have been there to have fun with Emily. She's a busy girl. We miss her big hugs and "Where's Grandpa?" We miss Rebecca and Jeff, too!
I am glad she was looking for Grandpa - She can see me next week
Post a Comment