Have any of you ever felt like putting your 2 year old up for adoption? Today was one of those days. In fact, the last couple have been like that. All I can say is thank heavens for good weather. The last two days I’ve gone on a walk with Emily (without jackets!) and then spent an hour swinging in the backyard. Emily enjoys looking at all the birds and saying “chirp” along with them. When I point out the airplanes flying overhead and she says “ha-book” and “bye-bye,” because Jeff told her the other day that Grandma and Grandpa Holbrook went on an airplane to go home. It amazes me how much she is talking (and understanding). She gets better and better everyday. The incessant talking is cute at times and annoying at others. Emily’s questions are repeated until answered sufficiently and then a few minutes later we cycle through them again. All day I here, “Wha Daddy?” “Wha Brad?” “Wha Ha-er?” “Wha Ella?” “Wha Sam?” “Wha Ally?” “Wha Sa-sa?” …. and the list goes on. The other favorite question? “Wha dis?” I don’t know if I’ll live through this stage, and if I do, will I still be able to survive when she moves on to all the ‘why’ questions?
Tuesday Heather and I went to the beach. Emily was very hesitant to touch the sand (with her feet anyway) and took a little bit to adjust. She sat in the same place the whole time and tried to not get her feet sandy. As we were leaving however she was able to walk barefoot without freaking out and crying. Hopefully we can have continued trips to the beach so Emily can get more used to the feel of the sand and so her mom can get a bit of a break. I’m just glad that tomorrow’s Friday and that Jeff will be home by 1:00pm!




1 comment:
You will not only survive these wonderful times with Emily, you will miss them when they are gone. All too fast they grow up. Enjoy each moment of her wanting to talk to you. When they're teenagers, someimtes they don't want to talk. It seems as if the time you have little children will never end and then suddenly, it does. Cherish these times.
Post a Comment