Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 50: Happy Birthday Becca!!!


Becca turns 26 today!!!


This year her birthday falls on Conference weekend. I told Becca that she was very lucky; not very many people get to hear from God on their birthday. It’s been an adjustment for us this year as we are on the east coast which means Priesthood session goes until 10:00 pm, so we went out to celebrate last night (thanks Brad & Heather for watching Emily for us!). We went out to a nice dinner (i.e. no Emily), then drove around for awhile trying to find a miniature golf place that was open past dark. We eventually found one that had a pirate theme (those of you who know me know what that means). Then we walked down the street a couple of blocks and walked along the beach watching the waves crash up on the shore in the dark. We finished the night off with some ice cream.

I am so thankful for Becca and how much she has supported me through my long schooling process. I know I haven't been the easiest person to live with, nor have I been as supportive of her as I should be. There have been many long days, nights, and even months as I have been learning my future trade. There are many nights that I come home only to get on the computer and do homework, or eat and leave for work. Not to mention uprooting her from our home, ward, and her family and moving across the country for a few months to stay with my brother as I do my last internship. I know it hasn't been the most ideal situation for her, but she has supported me all the way. I don't know how I would have done it all without her, I come home each night thankful that my family was able to come with me, and that I am able to spend time with them.

She is such a great mother to Emily and has done a great job caring for her and helping her grow and learn. I often come home at night surprised at how big and smart Emily is getting, and I know that Becca has spent a lot of time with her. Becca has great motherly instincts and is able to do so much with Emily and sacrifice so much of herself to care for her.

Not only is she a great mother to Emily but is an amazing wife. She always wants to know every detail of my day and how I am doing. She also listens attentively as I tell her about my schooling, which I know doesn't interest her as much as it does me, nor does she understand a lot of what I'm saying, but she acts like she does nonetheless.

Thanks for all you do for us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!! We love you.
Love,
Jeff & Emily.

7 comments:

Stan and Mel said...

Amen to what Jeff said. We love you and think you are great! Are you really 26? I was surprised, for some reason I thought you were younger---we are the same age now (for a couple months at least).
--Mel

Stan and Mel said...

"Long schooling process"? That's the understatement of the century. Feels good to almost be done, doesn't it? Good luck with the rough first few months of a new career!
--Stan

Thierry said...

Happy Birthday Becca!

Jessie said...

Rebecca, you are so lucky to have such a great husband that appreciates you. Jeff, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife. Thanks for taking such good care of her and Emily. Layne and I are grateful that we have a terrific son in law, not to mention how blessed we are to be Rebecca's parents. WE love you guys! Happy birthday, Rebecca!
Love, Layne and Jessie

Anna said...

Happy birthday!

Marli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We miss you guys! I'm glad that Jeff took you out to celebrate. :)

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Dear Becca! I missed sending you a wish on the acutal day... but I did make a mental note on the 3rd and 4th that it was coming up... however you can see how effective it was. I'm glad to hear you had a great day and are having fun out east. Love ya!