Emily loves to read. She loves books and anything that has to do with them. She absolutely loves going to the library with me and gets so excited about it. As soon as she finishes helping me drop our old books off, she runs to the children's area and straight for "Monkey George." She knows right where the bright yellow Curious George books are and she will pull a stack out and read them till I insist it's time to go and convince her we can continue to read them in the car and when we get home. Of course it doesn't always work and it still takes some persuasion, but I can eventually get her out of the library without drawing too much attention.
The other morning I heard her in her room and went in to find her sitting next to her bin of books and reading. She’d pulled out every single book and read it, stacked it up next to her, then read each one again as she put them back in the bin.

And of course her favorite book right now is "Princess Baby" by Karen Katz.
If any of you have any favorites let me know - I'm always looking for goodies. And if you're on the look out as well, you can check out my other blog (with co-conspirator Marli) at The Little Book Nook.
2 comments:
How adorable! She is getting so smart!! Fun, fun...
I love to her Emily talk and I love it when little ones can "read" books. Way to go, Emily!
Post a Comment