Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Leaves are Falling all Around

I love the fall. (Actually, I pretty much love any season as I'm always ready for the change in temperatures). I noticed the leaves are starting to change on the mountainside. I love looking at the colorful mountains - my favorite is the yellow aspens mixed with the deep pines. But I of course love the bright reds and oranges too. I also like this time of year because brides tend to do fall colors. I put together a bride's bouquet the other day and it reminded me again how much I love those colors together.
I also love the fall because of football. I love the crispness in the air and the memories of school. It's such a nostalgic time. I also hate the fall because of football. I don't like it because Jeff is an official and is gone reffing High School Varsity football games Friday nights and Little League all day Saturday. Last Friday night in an effort to not feel so lonely, I attended my alma mater with my parents and hung out with the Skyline Eagles. Emily of course loved every minute of it and didn't seem to mind the cold one bit. (Just like her daddy). She clapped along with us, groaned when there was a fumble and would yell out - "come on guys!" (I think she gets that one from me).
Matthew was dressed and out on the field and Emily kept asking where he was. Mama Newman would tell her, "He's right there, number 4 2. Next to the big guy." Emily would then turn around and tell Papa, "Matthew right there, number 4 2. Next to the big guy."

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Beautiful bouquet! It was so fun to have you at the football game. Go Eagles!

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

Where do you get your flowers when you do weddings? They are always beautiful!

Emily Carruth Fuller said...

Wow! I Love the flowers Bec!

Cary said...

That bouquet is beautiful!!! And I loved Emily's 2 year pictures, her hair looks so long!