We had a great weekend and we're grateful we were able to volunteer for the games again. We've made a lot of friends over the years and have had some great experiences. We've said we were done the last three years and we just keep coming back for more. Now that we're officially done with school I should say that this was our last year and we've retired. But I don't want to eat my words yet again, so we'll just say we'll see what next year will bring.
Monday, October 20, 2008
"Unlimited"
We had Special Olympics again this weekend. We spent two days up on campus helping out with the swimming, bocce, and basketball events. This was our fifth time being on the organizing committee and we finally caught some of the aquatics this time around. Emily was really good and loved being up there. And everyone of course loved her too. She would come up in the morning and "help" and then go to go to mama and papa Holbrook's for a nap and some playtime.



Thursday night we had opening ceremonies at the Huntsman Center. Emily got to meet Coach Whittingham and Miss Utah, Kayla Barclay. After the ceremony we went back up to the Institute for a dance. Emily had a blast dancing with daddy and munching on cookies. She had so many treats and was so full of sugar by the end of the games. I think we all need to go on a no sugar diet for a few weeks to recover.


Friday Emily got to ride the train that she had seen going up and down South Campus Drive all weekend. She also visited Olympic Town and went fishing in the fishing pond, ate some popcorn and cotton candy, and drove around with mommy & daddy on the golf carts. 
Then after lunch and before cleaning up, Emily decided it was time to dance. As we were walking across the lawn she stopped following us, walked back up to the sidewalk and just started dancing. After she got her fill she caught back up to us and we continued on our way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure Emily was the hit of the Olympics! What a cute smile. You guys are such a cute family.
sounds like fun! I'm glad you guys had that opportunity to volunteer again. Bec, do you remember that time I saw you at the closing ceremonies back when you and Jeff were engaged? I think we were both surprised.
Post a Comment