
Over the past 6 weeks the effects of a baby have started to sink in though. Emily is more emotional (but then what 3 year old isn't) and isn't listening as well as she used to. She has become more clingy to me as well. Every Tuesday and Thursday we battle about preschool. She is constantly saying she doesn't want to go to and that she doesn't like it. Whereas before we could bribe her with anything if we said she couldn't go to preschool. We've tried several approaches to try and make it a more positive thing, but unfortunately I think it's only time that will make it better. I wouldn't 'force' her to go each time if she didn't love once she was there. Every night before bed, Jeff talks to Emily about her day and then sings to her. It's their special daddy and Emily time. Well yesterday Emily asked when we were going to have just mommy and Emily time. I'm sure the fact that she doesn't have my attention all day long anymore is to blame for the whining and preschool battles. I guess I just need to carve out more time for just the two of us - and hope that that will end the whining.
I had to include this last picture. To me it looks like they're planning something- something mischievous. I can only imagine what these two are going to be coming up with and doing in the coming years.We sure love our little Emily. She is so smart and such a happy girl. She loves helping with anything and everything. She tries so hard to choose the right and please us. She is so sweet and sensitive. We are so proud of what a beautiful girl she is. I am so lucky to be her mom and her best friend.
1 comment:
You are so lucky. Those two will be best of friends. And they are so cute!
Post a Comment