Sunday, December 12, 2010

Piano Master

Lisa (my little sister) has been working on getting her Masters in Piano Performance at the U. In May Lisa and her husband Spencer moved to New Hampshire for Spencer to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency at Dartmouth. Lisa was unable to wrap everything up before moving, so she joined us back home for the month of September to continue having lessons and flew back home again Nov 4th for even more lessons. After months and months (I guess I should say years and years) of hard work, she had her last performance on Saturday December 11th. She performed beautifully and looked gorgeous as always. She asked me to again to a bouquet for the stage (thanks again Mal for the use of the table). Kinda sad that this is the last one I'll do for her. I was happy she chose red roses though. Saturday was my anniversary so it was at least a bit of a flash back being up on Campus with red roses that night. :) Thankfully Spencer was able to leave the hospital and fly in for her recital. It was SO good to see him again. I really didn't realize how much I'd missed him till I saw him walk in that night. And fortunately he was able to swing things to be able to stay an extra week and they'll both be here for Christmas!
Lisa with some of the fam and also her piano teacher
After the performance the family went to Olive Garden for dinner and to celebrate.

A VERY small taste of what we heard that night. It's not the best recording or even the best part, but I was too enthralled with listening I guess to record anything else.

No comments: