Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sprinkles, Frosting, & Borrowed Cookie Cutters

When I was little I would decorate sugar cookies every year with my cousins. That's another tradition we've tried to carry on with our own kids. I made the mistake of packing all of my cookie cutters and so did Arline. So I asked Jenn if I could borrow hers. We both totally spaced to get them when we were together so instead of driving all the way up North we ended up calling a few neighbors. Thankfully we were able to round up enough, but that meant that I didn't start baking till the day off. So on Tuesday the 21st I spent the whole morning and afternoon in the kitchen mixing up the dough, making breakfast, rolling out the dough, cutting out reindeer, snowmen and trees, fixing lunch, rolling out more dough and cutting out gingerbread men and stars, and making frosting.
Emily spent some time helping me with the cookies, some time running around the house playing, a lot of time asking when everyone was coming over, and the last half hour in the front room like this peering out the window:
Finally everyone arrived and the cookie decorating began. We had lots of cookies, tons of sprinkles and plenty of sugar-high kids. Thank you to Jenn, Lisa, & Stacy for all your help - especially with the clean up.

Sara refused to decorate any of her cookies - she just wanted to eat all the chocolate chips and marshmallows.


As soon as things were cleaned up we all headed over to my mom's for the Snow Christmas party. We had dinner and visited and went home early because we were all exhausted from the day's work (well, I was exhausted from the day's work).

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Wow, a marathon post! We really have crammed a bunch of fun into the last few weeks. Disneyland was so much fun. I loved being with my sweet grand kids. Merry Christmas!