Friday, September 7, 2007

Say Cheese

I’ve been meaning to make a post for quite a while now and my pictures of Emily have just been adding up. They of course are all too cute to not show off, so I decided a slide show was in order. As a bit of a background and an update on Emily - she is extremely independent and becomes more so every day. She is convinced she’s quite grown up and wants to do everything by herself (or insists on at least helping out). She loves to help at the grocery store by carrying things around; she’s adamant on feeding herself and won’t let us near her mouth with anything; she always wants to put her own shoes on & then gets frustrated when she can’t quite figure it out; and she practically shadows me in everything I do – if I’m sitting at the table, she has to sit at the table - if I’m cooking in the kitchen, she wants in on the action.

However, Emily is also very good at entertaining herself. The other day I was busy in the kitchen and when I looked up I noticed she was playing with one of my storage bins on the landing of the stairs. She was putting it on her head and pulling it off and just laughing to herself (fortunately the camera was close by and I was able to snap a few pictures of her before she lost interest in it). Emily also enjoys playing with mom & dad anytime she can. She loves climbing all over Jeff and just squeals in delight whenever he comes to “get” her. It’s so fun to see how much she adores him.

1 comment:

Thierry said...

These pictures are so cute! Emily is at such a fun age... I am excited to see her at our next get together!
Love ya
-Thierry