Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 24: Three Down, Three Across


We've officially been here three weeks now. Jeff and I decided that that was enough time to recover from our week long drive and we could handle three more hours crossing the country, so we headed up to D.C. for the weekend. I'd never been there and it'd been since high school for Jeff, so we decided to hit as many memorials/monuments as we could. It wasn't much of a relaxing weekend - I think we came back more tired than we left - but we enjoyed seeing our nation's capitol and I'm sure Brad and Heather were glad to have their house to themselves for a couple of days. It was rainy and overcast on Saturday but there wasn't a cloud in the sky on Sunday. Emily is such a good traveller and from all appearances had a great time. Hopefully we can make another trip there in the future and fit in the things we weren't able to see.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Your pictures are awesome! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Emily is such a seasoned traveler by now.

Jeff said...

One thing that Bec failed to mention about Emily feeding her lunch to the squirrel was that Emily had chicken strips for lunch and the squirrel probably ate more of it than she did.

Stan and Mel said...

Great pics in DC. As for your comment, Jeff, about Emily...the only pics I had of Emily were the ones that I took at our house. As you may remember, I did a whole blog on the wii and Emily which included tons of pics of Emily. Maybe if you send me more pics of emily, i will include them...maybe :)

Grandma H said...

What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm glad to see Emily still likes her chariot at the hotel. And Jeff, did you like seeing your friends C3PO and "RD 2D" again? Loved all the pics.

Stan and Mel said...

So, that's how our trips usually are - we do everything possible in as short a time as possible and come back worn out. That's why we look forward to the winter so much when we take a break.

Stan

Perry's said...

Sounds fun any tips? We are going this Saturday and have never been. Any must sees or advice for a short visit? Where did you stay? You can just email me back if you'd like. Can't believe you've been there 3 weeks - time flies. Good thing you missed our big storm!! Hope all is well!

Me said...

Hey Bec! How fun that you are off on your adventure! Hope it's a great experience in the end. when do you guys get back?