Monday, September 22, 2008

You Sleep With What?

We bought something once that came with a little stuffed kangaroo. About a month or so ago Emily took a liking to it and the kangaroo is now a part of her bedtime ensemble. I normally wouldn't put a kangaroo in the "cuddly comfort" category - but apparently it's just as good as her bear or blanket.
So a couple of weeks ago Jeff called and told me I'd better hurry Emily over to his work. When we showed up Emily got to see and pet a real baby kangaroo. Marley jumped all around the clinic and the patients loved it - and so did Emily. It's not often that you get to see a kangaroo as a therapy animal. And it's not often you get to pet a live version of one of your comfort animals.


As neat as it was though, I don't think we'll be trying to pet a bear anytime soon.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

That was fun to see that baby kangaroo. How does Emily fit in that bed full of stuffed animals?

Johnson's said...

How fun is that! By the way-I wish I had known you when my wedding rolled around. You can do some amazing things with flowers!

Gpa Holbrook said...

Emily is so lucky to have so many expeiences at her age. You are great parents. It will be years before you see the results of these little things but someday she will surprise you with a comment that was made because of you effort. Keep up the good work

Marli said...

Cute and has a great name. What are you going to do but hug it. :)